Whack! That's how fast you create a new item in your MINI by orderbird.
- Open Menu > Inventory > Folders.
- Select the right folder for the new item or create a new folder by tapping [Add Folder] at the bottom right.
- Tap on [Add Item].
- Name the item, choose a folder and enter a price.
- Tap on [Add].
You can enter this information for an item
Enter this information for your item:
- Specify the name of the item,
- choose a color, and
- select the folder in which the item is located.
After this, your item could look like this:
Prices & tax rates
You can specify the price and tax rate here. By default, the following applies here:
- Enter a price
- Set the default tax rate
If you have activated toggling between in-house and to go, you can specify the price and tax rate for To-Go orders here as well. By default, the following applies here:
- to go price is taken from the standard price you've entered above. Adjust, if necessary.
- to go tax rate is usually the same value entered in Settings > Taxes. Adjust, if necessary.
Did you know? You can completely disable a sales mode (in-house or to go) or set one as default. Learn how to here: Customize or hide "in-house" & "to go” ordering methods
- Deposit item: Activate this option to mark an item as a deposit ("non-discountable" will be activated as well). You can then assign the deposit item to other items and folders to add it automatically. More about this here: Create deposit and charging deposit during sale
- Custom price: Activate this option to add your own price. Use this e.g. for goods that you charge by weight or size.
Did you know? You can also create items with a free price easily from the €-screen when the day is open. Read more here: Free-floating items: Selling, creating on-the-go and selecting
- Non-discountable: Discounts have no effect on the price of this item, e.g. deposit amounts may not be discounted.
- Add the item to your favorites folder to find them quickly when selling.
- Enter a PLU if you are working with PLUs. Every PLU must be unique for each item!
- Enter or scan a barcode to be able to scan your items with the integrated MINI camera.
By default, the DATEV accounts are inherited from the folder in which your item is located. If necessary, you can also enter specific DATEV accounts for your items, e.g. if they are different from those of the folder.
Deactivate the option "Inherit DATEV accounts" and enter the correct regular and reduced DATEV account numbers. Your tax advisor will tell you which account numbers are the right ones for you. You can find all information about setting up DATEV here: 1. Setting up DATEV - Let's get started.
Of course, you can edit your items at any time. Just search for the item via Menu > Inventory > All items and tap on it to edit it.
Make sure that you create new items and do not "convert" existing ones (e.g. recycle the item "fountain pen" to an eraser). This is because the unique identifer remains the same, so that it also appears retroactively under the changed name in the statistics from the date of the change.
Example: You sell fountain pen 3 times on Monday. On Tuesday you change the item's name to "eraser" and sell it 5x. The eraser now appears 8 times in your weekly report!
Finished? Then don't forget to hit "Save" ;-).