Whack! That's how fast you create a new item in your MINI by orderbird.
- Open Menu > Inventory > Folders.
- Select the right folder for the new item or create a new folder by tapping [Add Folder] at the bottom right.
- Tap on [Add Item].
- Now fill in at least the mandatory fields "Price" and "Tax rate" of the new item.
- Tap on [Add].
You can enter this information for an item
Enter at least this information for your item so that you can save it. You will be able to:
- specify the name of the item,
- choose a color,
- select the folder in which the item is located,
- enter the price and
- set the default tax rate.
- Deposit item: Activate this option to mark an item as a deposit ("non-discountable" will be activated as well). You can then assign the deposit item to other items and folders to add it automatically. More about this here: Create deposit and charging deposit during sale
- Custom price: Activate this option to add your own price. Use this e.g. for goods that you charge by weight or size.
Did you know? You can also create items with a free price easily from the €-screen when the day is open. Read more here: Free-floating items: Selling, creating on-the-go and selecting
- Non-discountable: Discounts have no effect on the price of this item, e.g. deposit amounts may not be discounted.
To go Price & tax
You can specify the price and tax rate for to go orders here. By default, the following applies here:
- To Go price will be taken from the mandatory field. Adjust, if necessary.
- To Go tax rate is usually set by the value entered in Settings > taxes. Adjust, if necessary.
Did you know? You can completely disable a sales mode (in house or to go) or set one as default. Here you can learn how: Customize or hide "In-House" & "To Go” ordering methods
- Add the item to your favorites folder to find them quickly when selling.
- Specify a PLU if you are working with PLUs. Every PLU must be unique for each item!
- Enter or scan a barcode to be able to scan your items with the integrated MINI camera.
By default, the DATEV accounts are inherited from the folder in which your item is located. If necessary, you can also enter specific DATEV accounts for your items, e.g. if they are different from those of the folder.
Deactivate the option "Inherit DATEV accounts" and enter the correct regular and reduced DATEV account numbers. Your tax advisor will tell you which account numbers are the right ones for you. You can find all information about setting up DATEV here: 1. Setting up DATEV - Let's get started.
Of course, you can edit your items at any time. Just search for the item via Menu > Inventory > All items and tap on it to edit it. Don't forget to save it ;-).
Make sure that you create new items and do not "convert" existing ones (e.g. recycle the item "fountain pen" to an eraser). This is because the unique identifer remains the same, so that it also appears retroactively under the changed name in the statistics from the date of the change.
Example: You sell the fountain pen 3 times on Monday. On Tuesday you change the item's name to "eraser" and sell it 5x. The eraser now appears 8 times in your weekly report!