In this article you will learn how to create and bill single-purpose vouchers in MINI by orderbird.
But first a fancy disclaimer:
MINI by orderbird does not offer voucher management
The procedure described here is only a workaround if you cannot do without vouchers. Please check with your tax advisor if the described procedure is correct for your business model according to tax law.
The orderbird AG does not provide tax advice
Everything we write reflects our experience and the experience of our customers.
Please contact your tax advisor for legally binding statements on how to work with vouchers in your business model in a tax-compliant manner.
1. Activate payment method "Voucher"
2. Create a multi-purpose voucher as a new item
Create a new item that you book when you sell / issue a multi-purpose voucher.
- Create a new item, e.g. "Voucher 50€".
- Enter the price (= amount of the voucher). Alternatively, you can also activate the free price and enter the desired amount during the sale.
- Choose 0% taxrate.
- Save and done!
Someone wants to redeem a multi-purpose voucher. Remember to activate the payment method "Voucher" in the settings beforehand (see 1. Activate payment method "Voucher").
- Add the items for purchase to the cart.
- Tap on "charge".
- Choose payment method "Voucher".
- Enter the value of the voucher.
- If the value of the voucher is less than the purchase total, you can make a mixed payment, i.e. the remaining amount can be paid via another payment method.
- If the value of the voucher is greater than the purchase total, you will see the excess amount immediately when you enter it and you can pay it out to the customer as change.