In this article, you will learn how to create and bill single-purpose vouchers in orderbird MINI.
Please take note of the following information: orderbird does not offer legal or tax advice. Everything we write reflects our experience and the experience of our customers. Any information with legal or tax aspects is in no way to be considered legal or tax advice. Therefore, it may be that this approach is not applicable to you and your business in particular.
For binding statements, please contact your tax advisor. orderbird excludes any liability for the topicality, correctness and completeness of the information that orderbird provides here with regard to tax procedures.
1. Activate payment method "Voucher"
Go to Settings > Payments and activate the Payment Method “Voucher”.
2. Create a multipurpose voucher as a new item
Create a new item that you book when you sell / issue a multipurpose voucher.
- Create a new item, e.g. "Voucher €50".
- Enter the price (= amount of the voucher). Alternatively, you can also activate the free price and enter the desired amount during the sale.
- Choose 0% tax rate.
- Save and done!
Someone wants to redeem a multipurpose voucher.
Remember to activate the payment method "Voucher" in the settings beforehand (see 1. Activate payment method, "Voucher").
- Add the items for purchase to the cart.
- Tap on "charge".
- Choose payment method "Voucher".
- Enter the value of the voucher.
- If the value of the voucher is less than the purchase total, you can make a mixed payment, i.e. the remaining amount can be paid via another payment method.
- If the value of the voucher is greater than the purchase total, you will see the excess amount immediately when you enter it, and you can pay it out to the customer as change.